Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Harsh, perhaps?

Okay so I may have been a tad harsh on someone last night and I feel a little bit bad about it but it honestly needed to be said. You can't go on in life blaming your bad situation on past bad situations when you're not even trying. I'm sorry but if you don't try of course you're going to get no where in life. Life isn't easy and school isn't easy either. I'm about to enter into my last year of school and I refuse to just coast through it like other people I know have. I want to make something of myself and this person that I may have been harsh on barely turned up for school in his last year and barely put in any effort. He had a bad upbringing. His father had cancer several times and his mum isn't in particular good health either but that doesn't mean he can just go out, get drunk every night then blame the fact that he's going no where on his cirumstances. Fuck, if JLo can go from being poor and from the 'block' to rich anyone can. You just can't sit around and wait for it to happen on its own. Life is about getting off of your fat, lazy ass and doing something that you can be proud of.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you can ask him to go to the school therapist and maybe that might help? I know Kaiser Permanente (a hospital) offers free drop in emergency psychologist appointments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's out of school now and working in an abattoir. We're not talking anymore either so I doubt he'll listen to me. Maybe I'll talk to one of his friends and try to get them to talk to him about it ...

    ReplyDelete