Friday, December 11, 2009

Pointless, but sure ...why not.

I feel kind of terrible abou the fact that I don't want to go to my parents vow commitment ceremony thing. For one thing, they're already married and have been for the last 17 years. Why can't they wait till it's 20 years or something? it just seems really random and pointless at this time but, whatever. Mum planned it on a day that she specifically knew that I was working too. The date has absolutely no significance to their marriage (that I know of) and she's telling me I HAVE to get the day off work to attend knowing full well that my boss is an ass that doesn't give me time off well. The fact that she told me today of all days when it's in January is ridiculous, I need more time before to let him know. I don't know, I guess call me ...unromantic, but I see no point in two married people to 'recommit' to each other after a random number of years and after they were never really uncommited. I don't really want to go. I have to though and I guess that's why I'm annoyed. I HAVE to do this, and I don't like being told what I have to do. I'm far too busy right now and don't have time for it, but I guess I'll have to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment